Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Alan wrote:
1) Are these crimps the same blue ones as I use for auto electrical
work?

No - those are for low voltage, multi-strand wire. T&E is not.

I can't see any difference between ones bought from Halfords or from TLC.
Neither does RS etc list ones for low voltage stranded and mains solid
core - and they of course would cover both events with their products.

You'd need crimps designed for the wire size and current - probably the
yellow coupler type ones, and a proper (ratchet) crimp tool to close
them properly - not the el cheapo ones which cannot apply enough force.

TLC give red 1.5mm
blue 2.5mm
yellow 6.0mm

So for coupling 2.5mm blue is correct.