Floyd L. Davidson

John Fields wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:28:16 -0800, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

"operator jay" wrote:

It is not changing polarity. I would hesitate to call it alternating
current. On the "dc sine wave" issue, I wouldn't even get into that debate.
To me the terms involved are open to too many interpretations. As evidenced
in this thread, I suppose.

Where *do* you get this requirement for changing polarity? We
don't call it "Alternating Polarity", we call it "Alternating
Current". If the current is being altered, it's AC.

---
No, if the direction of charge flow alternates between two states,
then it's Alternating Current.

That fits my definition, but not yours! Are you changing your definition
or is that just a momentary bit of logical thought?

The states do *not* have to be plus and minus polarity. Just different
current levels...

---

You keep talking about AP, and it isn't the same.

---
Yes, it is. In order for the current in a load to alternate, the
polarity of the generator's output voltage must alternate as well.

Sure. But it doesn't need to change polarity. All it needs to do
is change level.

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)