Mike Berger

It's a different remote. There are at least two variations,
and I've never been able to get a Pioneer shop to sell me
one (and Pioneer won't sell it direct). If you want to maintain
your old LaserDisc players, which also require the service
remote, you're out of luck.

William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

You might have all you need and not even know it. If you can do so, try
taking apart your existing remote. You may find unused contact pads with no
(or reduced) button "lumps" above them. Pressing one might give you the
service function you are looking for.

I don't know what the likelihood of this being true is like, but I'd be
surprised if Pioneer made a totally different PCB and controller layout for
a "service remote".

Just be careful if you do find that your remote can do this--going into
service modes can really screw things up and cause what may be fatal damage
to the unit.

William