David C. Stone

In article , Mike
Beede wrote:

In article ,
"David C. Stone" wrote:

Just took possession of a lathe. The maker's plate says
"Gerry's Tool Wood copy lathe Model NCL-1000".
Anyone know anything about this lathe? It came with a
book on turning by Richard Raffan, but no user's manual.

[snip]

Here's Mori-Seiki's page.

http://www.moriseiki.co.jp/english/index.html

It's also possible that the identical model numbers are
just a coincidence. Good luck on that. Some day I hope
to try some turning myself. Till then, I enjoy learning
a few things on the group.

Looks like the match is just a coincidence. The label on the bottom
says "Made in Taiwan", so I woudn't doubt that "Gerry's Tools" was
simply an importer. Also says that the lathe was built in 1985, so I
doubt I'll find much current info on it.

I still intend to have some fun with it, though!