George

Default Take That, Tenon Chuckers!

Putting oil on some salad bowls for the first sale in a couple of weeks,
when, horrors! Down in the transition from wall to bottom, half-hidden in
the annual rings, was a heel mark. You know, the ones where the back of the
bevel burnished its way around while you were concentrating on the front.

Not a problem. Went back to the lathe, chucked the bowl in the recess and
hit the entire inside with 150/220/320. As I applied the fresh oil with my
3M synthetic wool, I noticed how the segment was now a match for its
surroundings. No low spots, either, since I was able to sand with the piece
rotating.

Sure do love the forethought....