Andy Dingley

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:49:36 +0100, "Jeff Gorman"
wrote:

You might find that the Norris adjuster can be as difficult as some wedged
planes.

Or maybe not.

Change one and you can find that the other has shifted.

I've never found this. Not with Norrii, with Lee Valley planes, or with
Bristol Designs planes, using either pattern of Norris adjuster (single
or differential thread). It's the thing I like most about this design.

It's possible that lateral adjustment will affect the depth setting -
this is pretty much inevitable, given the geometry, but if depth
adjustment is affecting the lateral shift, then something is sticking or
wobbling where it shouldn't.