Gunner

On 10 Jun 2005 08:51:28 -0700, wrote:

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I've got a customer who wants to drill holes in Corian and other synthetic
granite substances. The hole size is 1-1/4" diameter.

Anyone know of a chart to figure out RPM, HP, Thrust or any other info?

Thanks for anything you can offer.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

V8013-R

It's not anywhere near as hard as stone, it's usually worked with
woodworking tools. It's a filled plastic substance as are its
competitors, some form of acrylic from the smell. I'd use a hole saw
for that large of a hole. I've messed with offcuts, turning knobs and
such for projects, it's about like working hardwood except for the
dust. They use wood routers and a special bit for prepping edges for
joining up panels for countertops, there's also a special glue that
supposed to be used that you can only get from certified and blessed
franchisees. If your customer is going to be doing a lot of it, he
probably needs to get hooked up as a Corian outlet with the
manufacturer and then he can get all those technical details filled in
for free. Dupont gets pretty ****y about the general public doing
anything with it, might be he needs to look at a different brand. I
like the material, don't like the attitude that comes with it.

Stan

It also makes pretty decent scales for knives as well.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown