Don Lancaster

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Don Lancaster wrote:

DC, of course, cannot exist at all ever. Because it would have
to be unvarying through infinite time.

Boy, you are *pedantic*!

Can't we just define DC as current that doesn't vary "much"
for at last a "long" time. Granted that is ambiguous, but
what else would we the argue about, weather?

No.

Sum a 1 volt peak sinewave with a 0.6 volt dc term and you have a
waveform whose polarity continuously changes but whose average value is
continuous.

Looking at the Fourier terms makes this waveform perfectly clear.
Calling it "AC" or "DC" does not.

"AC" or "DC" are gross and meaningless oversimplifications.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com