Floyd L. Davidson

Kitchen Man wrote:
It is equally a shame that there are those that are sometimes
incapable of offering correction gracefully, eh, John? If it pains
you so much to engage in your ungracious edifying, perhaps you would
do well to bugger off, and leave the stress of educating imbeciles to
those with more patience.

Is patience required though?

I'm always reminded of a young lady I met once, many years ago
employed by Northern Telecom Inc to provide training on a
mainframe computer program to USAF personnel. This lady showed
up and started teaching the GI's, one at time. She first
latched onto a 16 year Staff Sargent (that suggests he might not
have been too bright). He'd been working with
telecommunications for all 16 of those years and didn't know
that a Class C Autovon line was the kind he could call home on
for free (every Airman figured that out in 6 days).

So, we thought the lady probably ought to be warned. And not
being a GI myself, it was sort of agreed that I'd tell her. We
had not counted on this lady being, ahem... perceptive. Not to
mention independent, ornery, and several other adjectives.

I hinted to her that the Sarge was the worst case example, and
maybe she shouldn't waste too much time on him. She growled at
me, and said something about my head and a dark place, and said
she had "A degree in teaching ****ing idiots."

Apparently patience is not part of the requirement?

Somewhat ruffled at a gal 10 years younger than me getting the
best of me in that way, I decided to get back! There was this
almost friendly young Security Policeman who came by now and
then to check our credentials to be in a secure area. Of course
every SP lives for the day he can "jack up" somebody. So I
suggested we had a really good candidate to play games with! He
figured that was just a great idea, and followed me as I led him
to where he could perform this duty for his country.

But, alas, he came around the corner and this asshole young
lady looked at this asshole young Security Policeman, and he
looked at her... and I saw the look in their eyes and knew all
was lost. It was like in a movie! They locked on, you could
hear the bells ring! You could see them shiver! It was a
*classic* love at first sight! Danged guy spent the next *two*
*hours* talking to her, and they dated the entire time she was
there.

Patience... did teach me something!

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson