Andrew Collins

Default More mixer shower woes

On Thu, 13 May 2004 20:08:51 +0100, "BillV"
wrote:

That boiler should be just fine with a mixer shower that states its suitable
for use with combi boiler.
It seems that back pressure from the cold feed to the shower valve is going
into the boiler h/w output and so stopping the flow.
These valves often come with various restrictors that you put in either feed
to even out the flow.

Looks likely. I took the crappy Wilko udder thing apart and found a
rubber washer crammed in half blocking the shower head. Took that out
and put it in properly and hey presto, works.

Incidentally, I turned the DHW heat down a bit and the boiler seems to
fire up with less throughput. I would have thought this should be the
other way round... could be just an illusion, of course.

Thanks,
Andrew
--
Andrew Collins