Phisherman

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:41:36 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Moved into a house that has a wooden deck.
It apparently was stained brown, and the brown stain color is in fairly good
condition.

I guess these types of stains are nothing more than a surface treatment,
although it might be absorbed a little) also ?

But, the deck is really "dirty and grimy"

So, I guess I'll do a pressure washing of it, and apply a new deck stain.

Have never used a pressure washer on a deck before.

Was wondering if the washing is "likely" to remove any of the brown stain
color, or can I just assume
it will only clean off the surface dirt ?

Washing will remove some stain, but stain does seep into the wood
unlike paint.

I'm asking as I would like to re-apply a clear stain, and not have to worry
about matching to the existing brown color.

Clear stains (even the ones with UV protection) are not as good as
those with some pigment. Getting a stain that is close in color
should be good enough.

Thanks,
Bob