Jim Scott

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 17:08:26 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

"Jim Scott" wrote in message
My gas cooker is running about two numbers too cool ie I have to set it at
mark 6 to achieve mark 4 temperatures. I have lost the handbook, but even
if I hadn't I doubt whether it would tell me how to adjust the themostat.
Is this a job I could do or do I just have to recalibrate it. It is a
modern Stoves Newhome with double oven.

Jim on Tyneside UK

Has it fallen off, or out of, its little metal clips at the top of the oven?
If it has, then clip it back in.

No, it's still there at the front. I wasn't sure whether that was a
thermostat or just a sensor for the ducted fan behind the cooker, which
blows air between the door glasses to keep the outer skin cool and the
knobs from melting. I expected a gas thermostat to be some kind of
mechanical regulator to control the gas flow.
--
Jim on Tyneside UK
Remove X to email me.