nightjar

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
James wrote:
"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .

So if there was a "hosepipe ban" I couldn't use this water?
Seems a bit daft to me!!

Would using rain water, collected from the roof also be prohibited?

I used a hose pipe to siphon bath water during a hose pipe ban a few
years ago. Technically this breached the ban, but Southern Water
were content for me to do this provided they had the right to inspect
it. Friend were amused that I had a visit from one of their
officials to see what I did with my bath water!

Okay, if they are going be like that, I am not actually using a hosepipe,

Hosepipe ban is simply a convenient handle for the media. All forms of
automatic watering systems are also included. Usually you can still use grey
water, but only by using it to fill a watering can etc.

Colin Bignell