Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Earl Kella wrote:
If the conversion was poorly supported, where can it be supported? Is
it easy enough to do. It may be less hassle and expense to just give
extra support and be done.

I agree, however I'd like to know one thing: By putting in an RSJ this
would presumably have to comply with building regs - how would this
affect the rest of the conversion? Would I have to upgrade everything
to comply - eg fire doors etc or would the RSJ been seen as an
independant modification?

I hate saying this on a DIY group, but get an expert in. A structural
engineer would be the best bet, and unless something is very iffy I doubt
he'd report you to the council.

--
*There's no place like www.home.com *

Dave Plowman London SW