Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Engineer wrote:
BTW, not totally O/T but I have given up on Nicad powerd screwdrivers.
In the three I have had, all of them had failed sub-C size NiCads
would have cost more to replace than the whole unit cost in the first
place! I had modest success in the beginning by canibalizing good
sub-C cells from dead drills to keep the other running. I right PITA,
they are welded together.

Cheap cordless tools use cheap cells and even cheaper chargers.

Replacing those cheap cells with decent ones - and modifying the charger
to an intelligent type, or even just the old 14 hour type, can transform
that tool. Doing this to my cheap 18 volt drill driver made the starting
torque much higher - and easier to control.

Some of the reasons why an Hitachi costs perhaps 10 times more than a shed
special. ;-)

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.