BillV

Default Removing mildew from Silicone sealant?

"£$oteric" wrote in message
Are there any *effective* mildew removers on the market?

Trying to remove some extremely stubborn staining from my

shower-tray/tiling
join.
I've tried everything 'under the sink' including neat bleach.

If I need to reseal (aaargh!) any advice on removing the old?

Thanks.

The mold you get on silicone sealant seems to be embedded within it.
My theory is that its the acetic acid thats used to cure it going moldy.
It extremely difficult/impossible to remove if this is the case.
You could try silicone eater but I've had limited sucess with that.

Its down to hard work with lots of scraping and cutting.
After cleanup replace with really quality stuff, the work in replacing is
not worth the price difference.
You don't seem to get this staining with non-silicobe sealants.