Joseph Meehan

JJ wrote:
Almost two weeks ago I had 3,100 sq ft of concrete poured for a
driveway and apron in front of the garage. I was told to let it cure
for 7-10 days before driving on it. We gave it 9 days before pulling
one car into the garage.

13 days after pouring, I've noticed I have 3 major cracks in 3
separate sections. The cracks run right through the expansion
joints, from one side to the other of the drive

Are you saying that there is a crack at the bottom of the expansion
joint and that is your question? If so, call back the contractor apologize
and thank him for doing a good job. Those "expansion joints" are there to
provide a place for the concrete to crack, since we all know it is going to
do it the joint just provides and nice neat weak spot.

and are spaced about
20ft apart. They are about 100ft from the garage and apron sections.

The contractor is coming over this week to check it out and I'm
wondering what demands I can make to cure this? He has not been paid
yet!
What are my reasonable options to fix this?

Thanks,

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit