Percival P. Cassidy

On 06/05/05 12:03 pm Matt tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

BTW. Good luck down there in "The land of the Free and the Brave". Because I
gather there even are US residential areas where external TV or radio
antenna/aerials are not allowed; but that flagpoles are?

A Brit poking sticks at US freedoms? That's a good one.

Perhaps you'd like to comment on the following, my limey friend:

'Each of Britain's 24 million vehicles would be tracked by satellite if
a variable "pay-as-you-drive" charge replaces the current road tax.'

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/tra...p?story=644303

At least they're only talking about charging so much per mile at peak
times. I've driven on roads in the USA where I pay accrding to the
distance I travel at *all* times; they are called toll roads, and
include the NY Thruway and the Ohio Turnpike.

It sounds like a great idea.

Perce