Earl Kella wrote:

In the instance for example IF I were to do nothing and sell on to a new
buyer I think it is unlikely that anyone could match these posts with my
real identity. If they new my newsgroup id they may possibly match this
with rough location, but nothing definate. They would then have to get a
solicitor I imagine to approach tiscali for my real name and account
details.

anyone can track you to your ISP and within a limited area. To get name
or house number would require ISP's cooperation, but they can be very
cooperative.

As you say, although not difficult, its unlikely.

NT