Mary Fisher

"James" wrote in message

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
James wrote:

I used a hose pipe to siphon bath water during a hose pipe ban a few
years ago. Technically this breached the ban, but Southern Water were
content for me to do this provided they had the right to inspect it.
Friend were amused that I had a visit from one of their officials to see
what I did with my bath water!

How did SW even know about it (or were you just super-honest and
contacted them before doing it)?

--
David

Siphoning the bath meant it was more convenient to leave the hose pipe
outside on display for extended periods of time. I contacted them to
avoid any subsequent misunderstandings.

That's a good idea.

I don't know anything about SW but Yorkshire Water is very supportive of the
environment and I'm willing to be guided by them. I certainly don't feel the
need to use any kind of water on decorative parts of the garden (such as
they are) but I do carry much waste water to the vegetables. We pay for it,
we make the most of it.

Mary

James