BigWallop

"David Hearn" wrote in message
Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:09:03 +0100, David Hearn
wrote:

Failing to comply with building regs is illegal, however the council has
only a limited time for them to enforce the requirements.

Not so - I think you are confusing planning permission (which has a
time window) with building regulations which don't.

Most certainly wasn't the advice from a number of people 2 years ago
when I enquired on here about the time limit for councils to enforce
building requlations.

Planning Permission has time limits, Building Regulations Don't. If you
apply for permission to do a job, then you have to complete, or start, the
job within a time frame laid down on the agreement for works. Building
regulations are not permission to do work, they are the laid down techniques
for doing the job properly and safely etc.

There are lots of cases of Building Regulations being enforced many, many
years after un-authorised works have been carried out on a property.