Grant Erwin

doo wrote:
. Now I get much less bleed-down, simply by when

I open the gate valve, open it all the way. I hear this also holds true for
oxygen cylinders and perhaps other welding gases as well.

GWE

Grant, let me clarify your point before someone gets hurt. Oxygen
tanks have a double seating valve, which should be opened all the way
when using. Never open acetylene tanks all the way! First, I was always
taught to only crack acetylene 1/4 turn, for if there is an accident
(fire), it is quick to turn off.
Second, acetylene becomes unstable over 15 lbs. That's why there's a
redline on the regulator.
Ron

Your points about the acetylene cylinders are well taken. You never stop
learning, do you? - GWE