Sparks

James wrote:
"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .

So if there was a "hosepipe ban" I couldn't use this water?
Seems a bit daft to me!!

Would using rain water, collected from the roof also be prohibited?

I used a hose pipe to siphon bath water during a hose pipe ban a few
years ago. Technically this breached the ban, but Southern Water
were content for me to do this provided they had the right to inspect
it. Friend were amused that I had a visit from one of their
officials to see what I did with my bath water!

Okay, if they are going be like that, I am not actually using a hosepipe,
all the irrigation system is made up of...

25mm MDPE water pipe "Ring Main" under the ground, around the garden (Like
they use to deliver mains water)
13mm "Delivery pipe"
4.6mm "Supply Pipe"

The lawn is watered with the pop up sprinklers, the beds are watered with
little sprinklers and the pots are watered with drippers

Would this be prohibited in a "hosepipe" ban?
In which case, should I fill my water containers with mains water, as long
as it does not go through a hosepipe?

Sparks...