Wild Bill

Nuttin' personal, but I'm always amused by the perceptions (or just commonly
used expressions) that power or voltage comes out one terminal and goes back
to the other one.

I usually have nothing better to do than to ask.. then where does it go?

In the context of power generation and distribution, does it go back to the
generation source? What do they do with all the power they receive back?

In a battery context, does the battery determine that the user has gotten
their money's worth, and stop giving the user more voltage? Why did it go
dead if there is power coming back into the other terminal?
Does it become saturated wih negativity?
Is the battery recycling program about using the unused power in dead
batteries to make new batteries?

Can folks visualize that the power is expended at the load? Transformed into
light, mechanical energy, heat, and simply dissipated at the electrical
load. Maybe it's been transferred into food to make it hot?

My food is too hot, can I return some of this wasted energy to the power
company (and get a credit?).

Maybe visualization is too complex, but generally, there is always heat
present and that can be felt or measured.

Ground is always zero, right? Depends on where you're coming from, pal. So I
guess you're saying ground is never zero? Definite maybe.

What's neutral? Switzerland, I think. Again, depends on where you're coming
from.

Prototypes of the generator powered by free radon should be available in the
first quarter of 2007.

Be sure to check to see if you have radon. (which is the only useful info in
this post).

WB

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you get 120v single phase by picking off one line of 240v 3 phase
as long as you have a neutral to carry the current back to the box?
Thanks, Steve