John Larkin

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:02:05 GMT, Rich The Newsgroup Wacko
wrote:

No, but it might educate some of the self-proclaimed "engineers" who
claim that the two opposite poles of the 240 center-tapped are "180
degrees out of phase." They are not "out of phase" - they are simply
opposite polarity! It's a significant difference, in the realm of
phasors and imaginary power and stuff.

OK, what would a pair of sine waves look like if they *were* 180
degrees out of phase? How would they be different from a pair of sine
waves that were "simply opposite polarity"? [1]

John [2]

[1] there's a relevant trig identity somewhere, I think

[2] self-proclaimed "engineer" [3]

[3] except for the BSEE, which makes me an
other-proclaimed "engineer"