Rich Grise

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:11:58 +0000, Bert wrote:

I'm thinking of picking up a cheap welder to use for a little
home-brewed electrochemical machining (aka electro-etching). Has
anyone tried this? Which would be more appropriate for this
application, a CC or a CV machine?

Unless you mean "Electrical Discharge Machining", or EDM, you've
been seriously disinformed. Electro-etching takes milliamperes at
less than ten volts. You could do it with a couple of flashlight
batteries. If you're really talking about electro-etching, then I
might suggest that you might do a little studying on the subject.
http://www.google.com/search?q=electroetch

Electrical Discharge Machining, on the other hand, is one of the things
that drops my jaw in awe, and could, conceivably, take the kind of power
that's necessary for real welding.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22el...e+machining%22

Thanks,
Rich