Tim Lamb

In message ,
writes

There will probably be a job for some such device compacting waste
plastic on farms shortly.

Have you tried throwing old silage sheet through a baler?

As I said before I cannot see the problem with simple plastics, unless
I am missing something obvious about them, they are made from oil and
are basically long chain hydrocarbons. The agricultural waste plastic
will be similar from packaging, silage sheets and containers. As long
as chemical containers are emptied and washed then the only
contaminants are likely to be oils, biomass and soil.

I cannot see why these could not be co fired in a coal fired power
station capable of burning bitumous coal cleanly is, say, a 1%
portion.

From earlier discussion it is the chlorinated varieties which cause the
problem. Woven polyester sheet from one trip fertiliser packaging is
particularly bulky.

Perhaps an alternative should be used?

regards

--