Bob Monsen

Thank you for your comment, but I respectfully disagree....I could
really care less if someone used the correct terminology in describing
something, as long as I could understand what they were talking
about....in fact, I run into this situation alot - I never, ever,
correct the use of improper terminology (until the person is
finished)....I find it to be stifling of the other person and the point
they are trying to make.....thousands of times per day, people (in
industry) with only high school diplomas (or less) in industry make
absolutely brilliant observations and suggestions, but well over 80% of
these are ignored, poo-pooed or brushed-aside, by people with advanced
college degrees....many times, in part, due to the unsophisticated way
in which the ideas are expressed.....it definitely is frustrating
trying to understand what someone is saying when they use unfamilar or
unconventional terminology, but it really can pay off big to suffer
through it......

"There's glory for you!"
"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I
tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument,' " Alice
objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
"it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is, " said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so
many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty. "which is to be master—that's
all."

---
Regards,
Bob Monsen