jim rozen

In article ,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nick_M=FCller?= says...

2) place new rim on top of old rim.

3) transfer spokes from old rim to new rim.

I doubt that you have _ever_ done it that way!

LOL

Most times when I'm putting new rims on, it's on an
older wheel, so I use a specialty tool to remove the
spokes.

A pair of large diagonal cutters.

This is often easier than trying to unrust all the
nipples, and they usually wind up rounded off anyhow.

So most times in something like that there's a new
rim, new SS spokes, and new nipples involved. As a
side benefit, a wheel made with new components like
that practically trues itself on assembly.

Just remember to measure the dish offest on the
old wheel before taking it apart!!

Jim

please reply to: