Harold and Susan Vordos

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
snip------

I've seen pickups that had engine blocks in an non reinforced bed
during a wreck, and there is NO WAY to secure an engine block against
those kinds of forces without some serious reinforcement. I have seen
the front rail of the bed and the back wall of the cab bent in to
where they darned near touched the dashboard...

Obviously the cab is toast, the bed is toast, the truck is totaled.
And if someone was sitting in the middle of the bench seat, they'd be
in a world of hurt, too.

-- Bruce --

The theory I operate on is smart people don't haul heavy objects at the
tailgate, secured, or otherwise. Placed against the cab to begin with,
they are highly unlikely to do such terrible damage.

Harold