Kendall P. Bullen

In article ws.net,
"Ted B." wrote:

Only in areas where HOA membership is optional. In many cases, a
neighborhood going HOA means that you are in the HOA whether you want to be
or not. So even if you didn't agree to it, the HOA can demand that you
follow the rules, and can fine you if you don't, and can sell your property
(legally) if you don't pay the fines. -Dave

I honestly don't believe that. Although the previous e-mail was using
examples of other orgs. But I find it impossible to believe that folks
on my block can get together and, with no agreement from me, take out a
lien on my house. They can take out liens on each others' houses,
sure...they can claim that I'm 'within the HOA' whatever they think that
means...but I don't believe they can just get together and decide to
start a club that has the legal basis to fine me or repossess my house
if I don't agree to be part of that club. I don't think that would hold
up in court.

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall/
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!