Mary Fisher

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:01:51 +0100, Parish wrote:

Solvol Autosol is the stuff for polishing aluminium u

Autosol is a chrome polish, so it's a very hard abrasive. It'll work on
aluminium, but it's a lot more effort than you need. Using a coarser and
softer polish will get you there much more quickly.

Don't use Brasso. Unless you clean it carefully afterwards, you can get
discolouring, because of the ammonia in it.

Oh - is THAT what does it! I should have realised ... Brasso is certainly
not effective in polishing Al but I don't know what is in a
household/workshop situation.

Mary