Ban

Right...but your reply actually doesn't address the NET effect......if
the wave had a DC-component of +2 V and an AC-component of 10Vpp, then
the wave would be NET AC (since its polarity changes
pos/neg/pos/etc.)......however if the DC-component was +10V instead,
then the wave would be NET DC (since its polarity never changes
polarity - i.e. always positive).....that is why I argue a "fully DC
sine wave" is a BETTER (albeit unconventional) and more concise way to
describe what I'm talking about (without using actual values) than the
conventional description you provided....your description is
ambiguos...could be NET "AC" (biphasic) or "DC" (monophasic)

The term "DC wave" is plain wrong, ask your teacher if you do not believe
us. If you want to define new meanings for widely accepted definitions, it
is ok, but do not try to communicate with anybody, because they will
misunderstand you. Look at the definition of electric current flow. The
convention is to say current flows from positive to negative, even if we
know that the electrons move the opposite way. But because of the convention
we keep up with the old definition to allow a communication with others.
So you can make up a lot of logic constructs why you said this, it doesn't
make it right. Your teacher will mark you a mistake and you will have to
accept that. NO way out!

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy