Right...but your reply actually doesn't address the NET effect......if
the wave had a DC-component of +2 V and an AC-component of 10Vpp, then
the wave would be NET AC (since its polarity changes
pos/neg/pos/etc.)......however if the DC-component was +10V instead,
then the wave would be NET DC (since its polarity never changes
polarity - i.e. always positive).....that is why I argue a "fully DC
sine wave" is a BETTER (albeit unconventional) and more concise way to
describe what I'm talking about (without using actual values) than the
conventional description you provided....your description is
ambiguos...could be NET "AC" (biphasic) or "DC" (monophasic)