James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm not sure where to post this, so I've searched for old msgs. Please
excuse me if I'm in the wrong place.

I bought an IBM ThinkCentre PC a few months ago (well, now Lenovo
Thinkcentre). Since the beginning, I've been getting a bitter taste in
my mouth and watering/burning in my mouth, when the computer is on (so
I keep ventilation up.. which is not always so easy). I thought maybe
some chemicals need to burn off.. but now I'm getting concerned. I
don't smell anything.

I've called IBM, they had me look for leaking electrolyte from
capacitors on the motherboard. I don't SEE any (does that mean I'm free
in that regard)? They have now escalated and will get back to me.

(My Laser printer is OFF... In case you're wondering about Ozone
effects.)

Any other suggestions?

Perhaps you have an allergy to a compound used in one of the many plastics,
adhesives, inks, and other substances that go into making or packing the
computer? Is anyone else bothered by it? Things like that can be tricky to
track down but some people are just very sensitive to certain chemicals.