James Sweet

"Chris F." wrote in message
Thought I had this little 9" TV working, but another even tougher

problem
has popped up. After I originally fixed the set, I ran it for several

hours
without any problems. Unplugged it and closed up for the night. When I
plugged it in and turned it on the next day, the volume was stuck on full
blast. I replaced the an IC which serves as the audio OP, volume control,
and mute; I also checked for bad caps and cold solder, and measured the
voltages on the IC to make sure they were correct. Set works great for a

few
more hours, again I unplug it and close up. Once again, the next time I
power it, the sound is full blast. I only have one more IC left, and I'm

not
installing it until I know what the underlying problem is!
A note about this set; when switched to radio, it uses the same audio

IC.
The IC is powered by a separate power supply, not from the TV flyback.
What am I missing??
BTW please see my previous post "Yoke Replacment" for info about the
previous repair.

Did you check the voltage of the power supply at the IC?