Mark D. Zacharias

ibbotsnm wrote:
I have a Denon UD-M5 3 CD player that at first sight appears to have a
Lasar problem in that it will not play CDs. The Amplifier is working
OK when the unit is operationg in the Tuner mode. I have noticed
that the head is moving, hunting for the start position on what ever
disc and track it is commanded to play, however, it does not appear
to pick up alignment information. If I persist , then the player
bursts into sound occassionally, playing faultlessly untill the end
of the disc is reached. It will also always indicate correctly the
number of tracks that any one disc has indicating that it is able to
read the indexing sector of each disc. although it has problems in
locating the start position. Can anyone please help in A.
identifying what the problem
is
B. Suggest how the unit can be re-aligned if that is
the problem

I have noticed that the unit does not appear to have any drive belts
that might slacken. It also has a very complex disc load mechanism.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

If not done already, certainly the lens should have a proper cleaning.

Mark Z.