Norminn

clipped

That is why it is important to buy land in the right place. Do a little
snooping. Find out what the neighbors have and what the town zoning (if they
have any) allows.

Also find out whether the municipality ENFORCES their code.

We have zoning to take care of the potential major issues, but I don't need
approval on my house color, I can leave my garage door open while I'm
working around the garden or in my shop, I can have overnight guests park on
the street all night with no permission. Basic courtesy takes care of most
problems.

Basic courtesy? I remember that.