jim rozen wrote:
In article .com,
says...

I know this is an amateur newsgroup but you guys have some pretty
clever ideas sometimes. I was visited by an architect today that needs
1500' of 2" x 2" SS T-bar prepared with a radial and very smooth tip on
one "point" of the Tee.

How long are the sections?

Why stainless?

I would use a horizontal mill as mentioned, with a concave
cutter. 1/8 R is not that large.

My best idea yet, had been to use a horizontal mill with a shop created
variable speed feed system under the Tee. Somewhat like a very slow
self feeder used in the woodworking industry. I have no problem with
the concept of a concave milling cutter it's really the cost of the
feed mechanism that is putting me off. There is no way to clamp and
reclamp every two feet through 1500 feet of this material. Secondly you
will get a mismatch or stop mark ever time you move the part. In some
cases we will be doing full 20" lengths. Put your thinking caps on!
Leigh