Norminn

clipped

This is why I will never own a home in a neighborhood that has a
Homeowner's Association. I don't need someone telling me how to
maintain my house and what color it should be. However, based upon the
rationalizations I hear coming from you I can understand why they have
done this. You would be better off going to the board pleading
ignorance and asking for forgiveness. Something tells me that you have
****ed them off in the past and this is how they are coming back at you.

I will not ever be a strong advocate of HA's or condo associations,
BUT...I have lived next to neighbors who raised rabbits and chickens in
their back yard and piled all of the refuse ever owned along the
property line. So, every setting has drawbacks ) And almost every
condo board has a goon who will do as they wish until someone removes or
objects often enough and strongly enough. Right/wrong, good/bad,
feasible/idiotic, or economical/wasteful often have nothing to do with
decisions. Absolute power........

We have a board member who likes to turn on sprinklers when people are
in the yard. Who assaulted me for turning it off. Don't believe it?
Why are they still on the board? It has to do, probably, with property
values, how the board votes on remodelling or approving new purchasers,
who gets in without a credit check, and how tough they get with
delinquent monthly assessments )

Oh, and I ran across a semi-definition (is that a word?) of "tree",
which described one as a self-supporting, straight woody stem with clear
trunk of at least 10' blah, blah, blah.

And when it comes to house colors, I drive by a bright purple house once
in a while. Don't mind seeing it. Would it drive me wild if I lived
next door? Don't know ) Bright pink should be outlawed.