Paul \( Skiing8 \)

"David Lang" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi

Two questions about aluminium sheet approx 1mm thick.

Can I cut it using my table saw with a TCT blade and/or will doing so

blunt
the blade rapidly?

Can I get a polishing mop to fit a 115mm angle grinder, so I can mirror
finish it?

Dave

read this a while back and thought it was interesting

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how2/ar...693558,00.html

"when aluminum rusts, it forms aluminum oxide, an entirely different
animal. In crystal form, aluminum oxide is called corundum, sapphire or ruby
(depending on the color), and it is among the hardest substances known. If
you wanted to design a strong, scratchproof coating to put on a metal, few
things other than diamond would be better than aluminum oxide."

So you are really going to be polishing the oxide or corundum, the trick is
not to do anything that will cut/scratch through the coating I guess

Paul