David Lang

Hi Chris
No, it won't blunt the blade. You will have to be very careful of
feed rate and support, though, or you'll get wobbly edges, to say
the least.

Thanks - I'll watch those points - I have enough wobbly edges as it is!

I doubt that'll mirror finish it - maybe make lots of polishing
marks in it. Use flour grade wet'n dry (if need be) with plenty
of wayer with a drop of hairy lipsquid, then brasso on a clean
cotton cloth by hand.

I was trying to avoid the 'by hand' method. I saw on The Caravan Show the
other night someone mirror finishing aluminium with what looked like an
angle grinder, but the pad was at right angles, The pad appeared to be
discs of cloth stitched together.

Dave