mac davis

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:50:02 -0500, Prometheus wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:17:28 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

I was going to buy that exact lathe last week...
it came down to that lathe, at $650, or the jet 1442 VS at $850....

My wife researched them and read reviews for a few hours...

They were horrible on the Delta... bent pullies, hand wheels falling off, head
stock not aligning, poor customer service, etc., etc...

Wierd. My little Delta Midi is a real workhorse. You'd think the
larger one would be better. It's kind of hard to complain about
Delta's service, IMO. I've had one or two thing break in shipping,
and they get replacements out right away. The only downside I've seen
with the Midi is that the plastic handles busted, and I had to replace
them with suitable ones.

I think the Delta "midi" (same size as Jet mini) is a different animal that the
14" model.. like any manufacturer, they're going to have some models that work
great, some with design or tooling problems..

If the Delta midi is as solid as the Jet mini, it will out live the cockroach!
Mines in the shop now for a new motor (on warranty) but even if they hadn't
covered it, I'd say that I got my money's worth...
I paid a little over $200 for it and turned more than 200 things on it... not
exactly normal use, since I got it in late November as a Christmas present.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing