Patriarch

"OTR" wrote in news:42a84d8f$0$10319$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

Anyone here have this Delta lathe?
http://urlsnip.com/577876

Pros and Cons? Looks pretty solid.

Dean

Delta has been having the problems one could reasonably expect from a
company in transition to a new corporate owner. Service. Delivery.
Employees unsure of their future. The old rules may not apply any longer.

And Jet has been doing a really good job in the small to medium lathe
market lately.

I recently bought the Jet 1442VSK, after examining the Deltas, as well as
other alternatives. Could not convince myself that I was ready for a
REALLY BIG LATHE quite yet. I'm very pleased with the Jet.

Patriarch