Patriarch

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
ups.com:

Glad to hear you found a "solution" (pun intended).

For reference: I use Briwax typically. It comes in several colors. I
usually have a can of neutral and a can of black on hand. The black
won't darken things much other than what gets embedded in grain pores.
I use it on unstained Red Oak and it helps pop-the grain but seems to
buff claer mostly. Not sure if HD would have it. I get it from
Woodcraft and I think the Wood Finishing Supply folks have it too.

It's available in a lot of places. My local independent hardware store has
a pretty complete range.

The Liberon waxes are a little softer, and somewhat darker, for equivalent
'color names', if that counts for anything.

Patriarch