J. Clarke May 15, 7:45 pm show options
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: "J. Clarke" - Find messages by
this author
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:45:20 -0400
Subject: LCD Monitor Table
original | Report Abuse

Lee DeRaud wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2005 22:35:33 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Lee DeRaud wrote:

Seriously, using the word "historical" to describe this thing defines
the problem: if you care about the historical period "look" of the
room, why smack it between the eyes with such a glaring anachronism?

Because one wants to sit in one's nice expensive room full of good
furniture instead of in a room full of Staples crap of a vintage
contemporary with that of the computer?

One *might* consider putting one's computer in another room better
suited to the task. Or use my previous suggestion of keeping the
bloody thing out of sight when not in use. Or do as I do: use one's
nice expensive room full of good furniture of a vintage and style
compatible with that of the computer.

Or you could just assume that everything that doesn't look centuries
old must be Staples crap.

Well, if it's compatible with the style of the computer it is--they
certainly are not known for superior fit or finish.

Personally I'm of the opinion that anybody who is that concerned about
style
needs a life.

Lee

I'm sure Ted Kluzinsky feels the same way.