Two and a Half

Emmo

Had a look at 'totalcloseout' looks like he's shill bidding.... you may know
what it it but for those who dont here is ebays definition:

"Shill bidding is the deliberate use of secondary registrations, aliases,
family members, friends, or associates to artificially drive up the bid
price of an item. Shill bidding undermines trust in the community is
strictly forbidden on eBay. eBay members found shill bidding may receive
warnings or indefinite suspensions of their accounts."
If you take a look at this page you can see that this may be the case.... as
each bid by 731225e seems to have clocked the last bid on 39 items exactly
half an hour before the bidding is due to end and all of the bids were
ending at the same time.... now it doesn't take a genius to guess.... but it
looks a bit suspiscious to me!!

Take a look and you decide perhaps it might be another piece of ammo you
could use!!

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...&iid=-1&de=off

Regards

Craig UK

"Emmo" wrote in message
The seller 'totalcloseout' is a scammer for sure. He advertised a plasma
cutter as working, but it turned out to not have a torch. Although I have
perfect feedback of 105, eBay took his side and now I have a 'strike'
against me. He goes by another name as well, which I forget, but both are
from Lebanon Tn. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!

My approach does have one secret - I search for 'plazma'. This

misspelling
means a lot of searches will miss it. Otherwise I bid on all of the ones

like, at the maximum I want to pay, and wait. I do not snipe nor do I

raise
my bid over what I want to pay. Eventually, I win one. All three of my
plasma cutters were purchased for less than $550 including shipping to
Texas. The one I just got is a keeper. It is only 20 amps, but it is
cutting what I want to cut, tubing mostly, for furniture, rod and 16 gauge
for sculpture.

If I were to go Chinese, I would pay $499 to Harbor Freight, many of the
Chinese ones on eBay are HF units being resold for more. The Smith one you
looked at was a good deal I thought, I assumed Smith was the same Smith

that
makes torches, but I don't know.

Again, the important thing is availability of consumables, so just Google
the model and see if the aftermarket suppliers stock the electrodes, tips,
etc. for that model. My personal experience says stick with the brand
names. I do have a lot of patience, it took 8 months of bidding and

buying
these three cutters to end up with the one I have. I would say that at

$800
you can buy whatever you want pretty quick, at $550 is takes a long time -
is that incremental $250 important to you? It was to me.

Good luck!

"xray" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 May 2005 18:47:08 GMT, "Emmo" wrote:

I just bought a 220v Thermal Dynamics for $415 on eBay. This is my

third
plasma cutter - I sold the other two because I couldn't easily get the
consumables. Hobart, Miller, Hypertherm, Thermal Dynamics are the big
names. Essentially, the number you need to look at is the output
amperage.
You do know you need a fairly good compressor as well, right? The very
light 110v ones with the internal compressors are mostly for HVAC work,
cutting very thin ductwork, so unless that is your need, go for the
biggest
output amperage from a name brand...

Ok. Been watching eBay for quite a few days. Think I spotted and
reported one scam in the Plasma Cutter sales so far.

I gotta ask... What sort of Thermal Dynamics cutter did you get for
$415? Assuming it was decent, I must then assume you had great patience
or great luck.

I want some of that. Any secrets?

This guy has a good sales pitch for a non-brand cutter.

Says he stocks consumable parts. Anybody care to comment on why (or not)
this is a bad idea?

Just passed on a "Smith" cutter that was near-by. Googled and couldn't
figure out who Smith was. A few sites mentioned the product, but I never
found who or where or when Smith was. Hmm, will I be ****ed when I hear
the answer, considering I am thinking of going Chinese?