James Sweet

"James Jones" wrote in message
news:AaSpe.11580$Hj.3557@lakeread02...
wrote:
Hello People:

I bought an "old school" Presto PopCornNow hot air popper from a thrift
shop last weekend, and I noted that the unit doesn't heat up enough to
pop the kernels.

The motor works fine, but I pulled the unit apart to check the
thermostat, which checked out okay (no resistance). The heating
element glows orange when the popper is plugged in so I know that it's
getting current. However, I believe that it isn't getting hot enough,
so I would like to confirm my choice of bypassing the thermostat to
generate more heat in the element.

If doing this would create a fire hazard, then it's not worth it. (I
can always spring for the $25.00 bucks to get a new popper.)

Go to Target.com and do a search for Toastmaster Hot Air Popcorn Popper.
It sells for $14.99--pretty cheap and much safer for you and your family.

Well first he should make sure the one he already has doesn't actually work
just fine, as I suspect it does.