Roger Shoaf

Look for hammerrite paint. That stuff is pretty good for ease of
application and needs no primer. It will even overcoat tightly adhering
rust.

http://www.kilz.com/pages/default.aspx?NavID=44

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"Mike Fields" wrote in message
Greetings all -- we have been building some park benches for my
son's Eagle project. Frames are welded 1-1/2 * 2/1/2 steel with
composite deck boards for the seat and back rest. I have tried
some Rustoleum spray paint (after making sure the steel was clean),
but am not happy with the way it can be chipped off. Years ago,
we used a product called "Ferrothane" that really worked well, no
primer needed and 10 years after you painted something and left
it outside, almost no problem. What are people using these days
that gives good results and comes in spray cans. I remember
Ernie was after plasticote, but not sure how that holds up in the
elements. What have people found that works well (including
primer). We can't afford to go get stuff like that POR 15, but
would like to put something on that will last and hold well since
these benches are going to be out in the rain/snow.

Thanks
mikey