Tom Miller

If you have access to a horizontal mill, get a cutter made to the radius
you require and set up a couple of vises on the table. Put a work stand with
a roller on it at the same height as the table. Start the mill in auto-feed
with a stop at the end of travel. Make a cup of coffee (not instant!) then
come back and set it up to do the next section. I doubt if it will need
polishing if its just a rail for a door roller.

Tom
wrote in message
oups.com...
I know this is an amateur newsgroup but you guys have some pretty
clever ideas sometimes. I was visited by an architect today that needs
1500' of 2" x 2" SS T-bar prepared with a radial and very smooth tip on
one "point" of the Tee. The long leg will be buried in concrete, in a
horizontal position with the single leg sticking out of the concrete to
run sliding doors on. This is a very expensive residential
construction project. I have had several ideas and will not mention
any here for fear of deflecting a great idea one of you might have. I
have talked to a large polishing shop, specializing in linear
polishing, that has no way to make a radial edge but can polish one
once created. The material is already rolled and waiting the drilling
and finishing and couldn't be extruded in the shape we need as you
can't extrude SS. I think I can get enough budget to create a custom
machine if necessary but we are trying to avoid that. Got a cleaver
idea? Leigh at MarMachine.